Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer
Being arrested and charged with a crime can be a life-changing event. The legal process can be confusing and intimidating. The consequences of a conviction can be severe, including fines, jail time, and a criminal record that can impact employment, housing, professional licenses, and other areas of life. If you are a non-citizen, a criminal conviction can put your immigration status at risk or lead to deportation.
The outcome of your criminal case can hinge on the quality of your legal representation. Enlisting the services of a proven and tenacious defense lawyer is essential.
At Little Law, P.A., we understand the challenges and complexities of the criminal justice system, and we are committed to providing our clients with skilled and aggressive representation. If you have been arrested, we will review and explore all existing defenses and consider the best option before accepting a plea or proceeding to trial.
Arrested or charged with an offense? Contact our Tampa criminal defense attorney at (813) 640-4931 for a consultation to learn more about your case and options.
Our Criminal Defense Services in Tampa, FL
Our attorney brings over a decade of experience to your criminal investigation, arrest, or charges in all cases.
Our defense services include cases involving the following:
- Drug crimes: This includes charges related to possession, distribution, and trafficking of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and unauthorized prescription drugs.
- Theft crimes: These are crimes that involve taking property without permission, such as robbery, burglary, and shoplifting.
- Probation violations: If you are accused of violating the terms of your probation, you may face additional criminal charges and penalties. We can help you fight these allegations.
- Traffic violations: These can include charges such as DUI, reckless driving, and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- Other misdemeanors: These can range from disorderly conduct to vandalism, minor battery, resisting arrest, indecent exposure, harassment, and more, generally punishable by less than a year of incarceration, fines, and probation.
- Other felonies: Punishable by more than a year of jail or prison time, hefty fines, and probation, these can range from grand theft to sexual battery, fraud, embezzlement, and other white collar crimes, arson, aggravated assault, weapons charges, and more.
The severity of the charges you will face will depend on the specific circumstances of your case.
Why You Need a Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer
Having a criminal defense lawyer is essential for anyone facing criminal charges. Our attorney can help protect your constitutional rights and ensure you are treated fairly throughout the legal process. We can also gather evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and develop a strong defense strategy to minimize the charges and consequential negative effects on your life and future.
Attorney Jamila Little at Little Law, P.A. has the experience, determination, and skills you need when facing such a critical situation. Our firm provides personalized attention and support you rarely find at large corporate firms. Attorney Little can be by your side from start to finish working tenaciously to help you achieve the best possible outcome at this challenging time.